Roberts Phenomenology of Prayer

In the Phenomenology of Prayer textbook, there is a section called Prayer as Kenosis. Kenosis, as learned from class, is the act of self-emptying. It is stated this can be seen as a response to the problem raised by the biblical concept of the alterity of God (65). What exactly does that mean? This means that self-emptying is seen to be the state of releasing sin to God, for which he already knows of. By emptying oneself it can be seen as a sign of refreshing and renewing ones soul. To me, I think that self-emptying is one of the hardest things for me to do. I feel that confessing my sins to God is hard because it feels worse when you say it out loud. In order to follow through, I remind myself that God is already aware of my sins and has already forgiven me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roberts The sacred part of Disney Land

Ian Fein Own Topic #1

Romanello, The Phenomenology of Prayer #2