Helmer Noland Trail

On the Sunday before leaving for Thanksgiving break, I decided to take a trip out to the Noland, before the sunset on the beautiful evening. It was about 45 minutes before the sun was about to set, and I found myself just sitting there looking around. I was planning to go on a walk through the trail to hopefully just relax and get my mind off of everything going on, but the music I had playing definitely was distracting me from everything else around me. I wasn't paying attention to much, except for the many dogs who were walking past me. Once I was about fifteen minutes into the walk, I decided to turn off my music, and instead, take everything else in that was going on around me. Once it was silent outside, all I could hear was the ruffling of the leaves in the trees as they were blowing in the wind, and the sound of people walking past me. After a while, I didn't see anyone else out on the trail, so I was then able to stop in my tracks for a moment and look at everything around me. The colors of Autumn were painted all around me and it was an amazing feeling. I felt truly excluded from the world around me and it was a feeling like no other. I felt like God had placed me in this specific spot, just so I could experience this feeling. I really needed this short getaway from the outside world, and I was finally understanding the power God has over us and I was shown the gift of creation and kenosis through him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roberts The sacred part of Disney Land

Swanson Kenosis and Prayer

Ian Fein Own Topic #1